There are just four weeks to go until Crowdfinders hosts its first event of 2017. Race to Scale: Make Your Business Rock! is going to be a spectacular mix of amazing keynote presentations, industry-defining panel debates and brilliant live investment pitches.
As the big day approaches we are continuing our special snapshot previews of the globally renowned speakers that are going to be gracing the stage. And this week we shine our spotlight on none other than Touker Suleyman.
On Thursday 30 March, the star of TV’s Dragons’ Den will be on the stage taking part in a Q&A with Kiki Loizou, Small Business Editor at The Sunday Times. In 1984, Touker acquired a cash-and-carry business that would become the Low Profile Group; the clothing manufacturer has since snapped up UK shirt maker Hawes & Curtis and fashion label Ghost. At our upcoming Race to Scale event the retail tycoon and serial investor will be sharing his business acumen with attendees, offering insights into how to establish a brand, grow a business and attract investment.
Touker will be joining Bruce Dickinson – successful aviation entrepreneur and lead singer of little-known band Iron Maiden – in addition to iconic fashion designer Patrick Cox as part of a star-studded line-up in a month’s time. What’s more, the daytime event in London’s Leicester Square represents the next exciting chapter in Crowdfinders’ highly-publicised Race to Scale initiative: a £100 million funding drive dedicated to helping Britain’s scale-ups access vital growth finance.
What is Race to Scale?
- A £100 million funding drive for UK scale-ups
- An opportunity to secure between £100,000 and £5 million in essential development finance
- A chance to pitch live in front of active angel and high-net-worth investors at Crowdfinders’ events (no pressure!)
- Open to businesses that are established, Companies House-registered, have proof of concept and have built a strong team of employees
- Launched in partnership with Seedrs, SyndicateRoom, UKBAA, Crowdcube, Smith & Williamson, Invesdor, IW Capital, Angels Den, EISA, Envestors, Growthdeck, Toucan, London Launch, ifour, Crowdstacker
- Unveiled to mass press attention in 2016, Race to Scale has already committed scale-up funding for Incanthera, a revolutionary oncology company based in Manchester
To see the next leg of Race to Scale first hand, be sure to get your tickets to our upcoming event on 30 March.