What is Race to Scale
Race to Scale is...
- A £100 million funding drive – designed to help your business scale up
- An opportunity to secure between £100,000 and £5 million in essential development finance, secured via our sister company, IW Capital
- A chance to pitch live in front of around 500 active angel and high-net-worth investors across four events hosted by Crowdfinders this year – no pressure!
- Open to established businesses ONLY, that are Companies House-registered, that can prove their concept/product works and that they have built a strong team of employees
- In partnership with Seedrs, SyndicateRoom, UKBAA, Crowdcube, Smith & Williamson, Invesdor, IW Capital, Angels Den, EISA, Envestors, Growthdeck, Toucan, London Launch, ifour, Crowdstacker, Money&Co.
Via IW Capital, Race to Scale has already committed scale-up funding for Incanthera, a revolutionary oncology company based in Manchester.
IW Capital carries out regular research drives to establish investor perception towards tax efficient investments in the context of Britain’s SMEs. In our latest round of national analysis, Crowdfinders and IW Capital found that investor appetite for growing companies is high, however the UK lacks the know how to be able to act on this confidence effectively. The headline stat revealed that 34% of UK investors with over £100,000 in investments would consider investing in SMEs in the next five years, but they do not have the knowledge to do so – equating to a potential funding pool of £126 billion that remains untapped.
To ensure that investors are equipped with the knowledge, skills and information required to make a competent investment decision in relation to Britain’s thriving entrepreneurial talent, Crowdfinders is launching Race to Scale, a £100 million funding drive formed with the UK Business Angels Association (UKBAA) and its new Angel Investor Accreditation. As the first quality controlled angel training programme, the new Angel Investing Qualification will comprise of three levels of online courses available to investors on the UKBAA’s website. Find out more about the programme, here.
To register your interest in any of the Angel Investor Accreditation courses, click here.